Deployment descriptors are BPEL process service component properties used at runtime by Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager, or both. Basically it is like a variable whose value we can change from EM console without doing any code change
In this post , I will explain you step by step process to implement preferences in your code.
Step 1: First of all you need to define Preference property in Composite.xml file.
· Open Composite.xml file in source mode.
· Add Preference property in inside Component section. Here I am using it for Email so my property name is "bpel.preference.Email", you can give it any name as per your requirement.
<implementation.bpel src=" CustomerNotification.bpel"/>
- To use this property inside BPEL you need to use ora:getPrefernce("CustomName") function.
Step 3: Update preference property value in EM console.
- We can update this property from MBean Browser inside EM console.
- Go to EM console (http://host:7001/em)
- Navigate to "Farm_base_domain" -> "Weblogic Domain" folder -> Right click on your domain -> "System MBean Browser"
- Go to "oracle.soa.config" -> "soa-server" -> "SCAComposite" -> Choose your composite
- Then navigate to "SCAComposite.SCAComponent" -> your component name -> Click on "properties"
- Now you can see all the preference properties that you defined in your composite. You can change preference property value here.